On 06/06/11 07:47, geoffrey mendelson wrote:

The problem, IMHO is that he has used his position as the head of the FSF to espouse anti-Israel propaganda. So now, in effect, if you "buy GNU" you are supporting the spread of it. This dilutes the entire purpose of the FSF. It has now become the Free Software and Anti-Israel Foundation.

If we are going to claim that commercial boycott of Israel is unjustified, regardless of whether you believe Israel is the huge violator some claim it is, because it punishes the wrong people, then I think we need to apply the same principles to ourselves when pointing the fingers elsewhere.

RMS has bought on, and is spreading, anti-Israeli propaganda. RMS is also the head of the FSF. Aside from these two, in themselves unrelated, facts what makes you say that the FSF itself should be boycotted? Has the FSF advanced anti-Israeli policy? Did RMS in FSF sponsored events (which is different than media interviews and such)? If not, I suggest we leave this out of the discussion.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.