Greetings Nadav ,

   * I do agree that Linux is ready for newbie-desktop use, it is now,
     and for the purpose descried for your end-user, it has been so for
     a few years now. reminiscing my first Linux days, 4 years ago, the
     most frustrating part was " why isn't it working 5 seconds after I
     installed it ? " , so, I do agree about the part of having a
     newbie, or a seasoned Windows user not going at Linux by
     themselves for the first time.  I do agree with Oleg that an FC15
     or Ubuntu 11.04 are ready for use 1 hour tops after the first GUI
     login, ( with 2.5 Mbps downstream ) .

   * My trouble with Fedora 15 was its lack of performance on older P4
     systems, ( like the one I'm using at this moment), I suspect is
     was the Radeon 9200 that was causing the system freezes, but, I'm
     convinced it would have run fine on a newer, say core2duo and
     younger CPU's and its affiliated hardware peripherals . the same
     system is running CentOS 5.6 , 6.0 , and Ubuntu server 11.04 (
     with GUI) with now major issues. ( the Ubuntu server is using the
     On-Board Intel VGA, did not clear the time to get the Radeon to
     work smoothly on it. ( I'm fine with one monitor for now) .

   * This maybe a bit off-topic , but,  where I'm at employed
     currently, in sunny New-Mexico, as in many U.S locations,
     Microsoft has a strong hold on small business, Funny , but the
bigger the company, the more Linux servers you'll find on-site. The smaller IT firms that service those businesses find it much
     easier to have their client spend 800$ on Microsoft Server 2008 ,
     plus some more money on CAL's , and spare themselves from learning
     to deploy Linux professionally , thus liberating  themselves and
     their clients from that strong hold.    The  the business I'm
     working for is making attempts to install Linux whenever possible,
     but we can definitely feel the strong hold.   The standard U.S
     office worker is utterly dependent on Microsoft Outlook - by
     itself and by its interfaces with other industry standard
     applications.  there are secretaries / receptionists here that use
     it longer then the time I got my first PC !! ( I'm not very young,
     I got it in my early 20's ) . But , for home use, it is  a green
     light indeed.

Guy