E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
The GMA950 was very problematic in the beginning and clearly still has
it's issues.

I bought the laptop around Dec 31, 2008. It has most of the time run a BSD variant, but I have always had Windows XP and UBUNTU on it from the day I got it.

Up until last night it has always worked (as far a graphics are concerned) perfectly on all three systems.

As soon as I restored the Friday afternoon backup, it worked perfectly. It was from UBUNTU 12.10 installed Thursday.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
"Owning a smartphone: Technology's equivalent to learning to play