Anyone know of an EPROM burner whose actual software runs under Linux?

I know there are plenty of EPROM utilities, but I am looking for a burner which I can connect to a computer running Linux, (USB preferred, RS232 or parallel ok) and use it. I am just fed up with burners that use lousy software which only runs under 32 bit windows, even when advertised as supporting 64 bit.

Nothing fancy, I just need to program DIP package 27/27c chips. I need the basic functions, read, write, verify, check if erased.

TIA.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ