On 2/4/2014 1:54 PM, Rabin Yasharzadehe wrote:
you can try and build one yourself - http://usbpicprog.org/

Thanks, I doubt that I will be building anything myself anymore.

This would not do anyway, it is for programming PIC chips, I want EPROMS. PIC chips are processors with read only memory on the chip. EPROMS are 1970's technology, read only memory chips that can be programmed with a high enough voltage, and then erased with ultra-violet light. They were a big step above PROMs which were programed one time only by literally burning the silicon away.

EPROMs are still made today, in fact while you can buy them for about $1 each pulled from old equipment in China, you can buy electronically identical current production ones in modern packages, they are about $40 each.

The generic burners are cheap enough, under $50 including postage on eBay, but none of them have software that actually works under 64 bit Windows. Since I also have a computer running linux on my desktop, I thought I would look there.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.