On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM, E.S. Rosenberg <esr+linux...@g.jct.ac.il>
wrote:

> ​
>
>> # ls -l /var/www/bugzilla/email_in.pl
>>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root www-data 21820 2013-05-23 19:02 /var/www/bugzilla/
>>> email_in.pl
>>>
>> You are showing correct permissions on the file so I assume you also made
> sure that all the parent dirs are at least executable to the daemon?
> Regards,
> Eliyahu - אליהו

​This - and a similar comment from Amos sent privately (I think) - gave a
clue. I have to chmod o+r all the files - and chmod o+rx all the
directories - both above and below /var/www/bugzilla. After that (and
installation of a number of perl modules from CPAN) I am getting emails.

This is a hack and is not completely satisfying, because I really relaxed
the permissions on /var/www and /bar/www/bugzilla, and I don't like it one
single (permission) bit. I had thought that adding users postfix and bugs
to the group that owns the hierarchy should be enough, but apparently isn't.

I'll admit that my experience with Ubuntu and postfix is very limited - I
am used to RH and sendmail. And I hadn't installed Bugzilla myself in this
instance. Things look a bit weird.

Thanks again, everyone!

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | p...@goldshmidt.org