Thanks.
I see your point, but in this case it does not help me for the
following reasons:
1 - my purpose is to teach how to emmulate traceroute using Python and
Scapy, so looking at the "real" traceroute code written in C is not
really relevant.
2 - The fact that Python code that worked until recently stopped
working means that the problem is NOT the code (which has not changed).
3 - The fact that the code works at school and when using a cellphone
Hotspot (Golan Telecom) but NOT when connected to my "regular" ISP (019)
means that the ISP is probably blocking something.

My problem is that I don't know how to explain this to the ISP support
people or ask them to stop blocking whatever they are blocking. They
will certainly not understand.
The "standard" help remedies are boot the computer or reset the router
to default factory settings or some other nonsense. And I don't even
want to think about the fact that the first thing they will say is that
I should change something in the Windows control panel settings -
telling them I'm using Linux is an exercise in futility.

On Sun, 19 May 2024 20:35:36 +0300
guy keren <guy.choo.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > BTW - ping and the "real" traceroute work fine.
> > I also looked at router settings, but did not find anything
> > suspicious.
>
> there is your clue - read the source code of traceroute, and see what
> it is doing differently.
>
> --guy

Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net
Claws Mail 4.0.0 - KDE Plasma 5.24.7 - Kubuntu 22.04