Dr. Sekar S saw fit to inform me that:
>Kindly help me with the following:
>I am not getting sound in kde-desktop  theme.
>In kde control center/sound,  test is not working. The *.wav files are
>in correct position. Otherwise sound configuration is ok and wav files
>are working.
>In Gnome there is no problem in sound in desktop themes.
>Where should I look for the link in kde desktop-sound that is missing.

Hi Dr. Sekar,

use the command *where startkde* (without the stars of course) to find out where the
startkde script is located on your machine.

Then put hash(#) before the following two lines in startkde script using vi / joe or
any editor :

#startifaudio kaudioserver
#startifaudio kwmsound

Now add the following just below these two lines :

kaudioserver &
kwmsound &

Restart KDE. This should work :-). It works on my SuSE 6.3 box. I use KDE.

Hope this helps.

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram) Fowkar
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/   Email :[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Address : KURTARKAR NAGARI, BLDG-C, FLAT NO. T4, THIRD FLOOR, SHANTINAGAR,
           PONDA - GOA.      PHONE : (0832)315932

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a
thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
submit messages can and will be revoked.