Hi
The prblem which I am facing is some what like you only.The difference is I am not
using allieses .
I am using Fetchmail and procmail to recieve the mail .Basically I am using the
miltidropping mailbox concept. All mails go to one pop account on the remote mailbox.
Fetchmail on my machine fetches those mails and I use procmail as a local dilievey
agent for filtering and distribiting the mails.
My problem is I using the /etc/procmailrc file the mails get distributed but the
recipient recieves  nearly 20-25 copies of the same mail.
 When I saw it carefully the size of the mails is not same ,it goes on incraesing .
When checking it with the "pine " I see some recived token in the mail .From which I
feel that the procmail is not able to send the proper reply after delivery to the
"fetchmail" program or vise versa.
 CAN anyboddy please help me in this.
AM I using the proper way of filtering ?
--

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:58:21   jana sj wrote:
>hi...
>
>I am able to collect mail from the POP mailboxes.
>but, only for the real POP's it works.
>I am not able to get the mails in the aliases.
>all these mails are sent to the root mail box.
>
>Ex: i have a POP Mail box : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>i can receive mails sent to this mail id.
>
>but, i have an alias [EMAIL PROTECTED] whose real
>mailbox is [EMAIL PROTECTED] ,
>
>which is not getting dropped into "jana" mailbox,
>which inturn is getting dropped into "root" mailbox.
>
>what should be done?
>
>i am using Sendmail and Fetchmail.
>
>-Jana

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct