Hi

Do the following to find out...

1)'which ftpd'.
 This will tell you the location of ftpd binary. If you get error message
then
2)'rpm -qa | grep ftp'
This will show you four or five names. Note down a name similar to
wu-ftpdxxxx.
3)'rpm -ql wu-ftpdxxx|more'
This will tell you the files in the package. Find out ftpd in that.

If something similar to wu-ftpxxx does not show up in second command.

4)Mount your cd and issue following command
'rpm -i /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/wu-ftpd*'

Now it should be working..

 HTH

 Bye
  Shridhar

On 2 May 2000, Sathish Kamath wrote:

> I have installed Redhat Linux 6.1. I am not able to do the ftp from the
> windows based machine to linux machine, I have uncommented the ftp line in
> /etc/inetd.conf. But I don't see the file in.ftpd in /usr/sbin, I have tried
> to reinstall the ftp option, still the file is not there. If it is the file
> problem, where can I get the file? or any other settings I have to make.
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>   Sathish Kamath

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
submit messages can and will be revoked.