Hi,

> XFCom_810 driver from intel, I have upgraded the kernel from 2.2.14 to
> 2.2.16-3 from the PCQ CD .
> During these installations and upgrades, I got no errors, but the problem
> still remains. XConfigurator still says that my X is not properly configured
> and when I startx, I get the following message:-
>
> Memory @ 0xd8000000,
> 0xdc000000
> (--) SVGA: error doing ioctl(GARTIOCINFO): Invalid argument

I had the same error running after upgrading to 2.2.16. That was because in the
process under XFCom, I had set the symlink of XF86_SVGA to XFCom. If u had
deleted XF86_SVGA, reinstall (force if reqd.) it, things should start working.

HTH
Ashwin

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created
for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
this list will result in stern action.