----- Original Message -----
From: "Rajesh Fowkar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

: Gaurav Priyolkar saw fit to inform me that:

: >I have this vcd that I need to rip to my hard disk. Now the
problem is
: >that although I can play the vcd in mtv, when I try to rip it, it
: >gives an I/O error message after just 10Mb. I get the same
error when
: >I try to copy the cd directly to my hd.
:
: Yeah. That's problem I am also facing in case of some VCD's. I
have noticed
: though that in windows the capacity of the CD is shown as
625MB, also if I
: mount the same CD under linux it shows the space used as 625MB.
In windows
: however if I see the size of the main dat file Avseq01.dat it
shows 710MB
: ???. In linux if I type du -h in /mpegav directory it throws at
me 612MB
: for the same file ?
:
: I tried dd too. dd works fine of other CD's however in case of
some VCD's
: due to the above things after 10MB it throws the I/O error ??
: In windows the file system of the VCD is shown as CDFS.
: How is this ? How this CD can be duplicated ? Any ideas ?