On Thursday 26 April 2001 22:52, Sharninder wrote:
> Does this SVGA driver support mean that i'll be able to run VCDs without
> running X.

Yep - That's right. If your card is supported by SVGAlib. If you have an
older version of svgalib, try getting the new version from www.svgalib.org.
The site has 2 releases. A stable 1.4.3 (I think) and a development 1.9.x The
1.9.x has the advantage that apps that use it needn't run as SUID root. It
uses a kernel module instead. If you plan to use it, read the install
instructions to see how to use it...

>  And do i need to download any special drivers or anything. Will
> it show the actual colours of the movie

Yep! And how! :)

-Faisal.

--
     ____

DON'T PANIC!
                  -The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created
for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
this list will result in stern action.