On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Penguin wrote:

 |Will try it out tonight. Do you get the same pict. quality with svga in
 |console as u were getting in X  with xv or sdl ?

No you should get a lot better quality as the picture will be unscaled!

BTW mplayer doesn't do too good on low res modes... gives a quashed
picture with a LOT of blue stuff covering the rest of the screen.
(one work around I found was running it in the lowest resolution possible
without any window manager and full screen turned off... and resizing my
monitor(height and width settings on the OSD)

Kingsly
                .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.