On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Ghins Mathai wrote:

> error: failed dependencies:
>         smtpdaemon is needed by fetchmail-4.5.8-2
>

> I am unable to find smtpdaemon in any package. Where could it possibly be

smtpdaemon is any package installed that handles smtp mail delivery -
usually sendmail.

If you have uninstalled sendmail and then hand-installed something else,
the RPM dependency mechanism will not know about it, and hence when
fetchmail checks for sendmail/qmail/whatever, it won't find it as an
instaleld package.

Atul