HI,
        If the kernel has support for the 82371EB chipset & this
controller has UDMA 33 functionality then why don't i get 33 Mbps transfer
rate.

When i run following

hdparm -tT /dev/hda

I get a transfer rate of 15.71Mbps max.

ofcourse i had done
hdparm -d1 /dev/hda
 &
hdparm -c2 /dev/hda

or is it that 33 Mbps is only a theoretical possibility.

Regards,
Gurjeet Singh