Hi Arun,

'foo' and 'foobar' are used as variables in computer science. When
do don't know names of labels or something else you can use them.
Classic example for a loop:

        forall foo in foobar do .............

I think the origin is German.

Cyrus

ARUN RAGHAVAN [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am a dashing young stud of 16, studying in Bangalore. My very first
> question may seem rather dumb, but 'kindly adjust'. Doubt of the day:
>
>       What th !@#$%^&* are 'foo' and 'bar' !
>
> I see them everywhere- the man pages, the kernel source, everywhere!
> I am going crazy(ier?).
> AAAAAAAAAAAH! Help.
> Muchas gracias amigos.

Cyrus Patel - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept. of Computer Engineering                           Debian GNU/Linux
University of New South Wales                           (Potato)
Sydney, Australia.                                      ICQ: 50738541