Hello

        Again I found something on linux and 3d cards which i think is not very
common to find atleast i was not knowing this and i had never read anything
about this so i though it would be nice to tell you about it.

        Read it only if you have a nVidia RIVA TNT, TNT2, GeForce or Matrox G200,
G400 etc... otherwise i dont know wether it'll work for other cards or not.

        hmm.... I purchased Riva TNT2 32 MB video card and installed it to find
that my Mesa (linux port of OpenGL) programs are running at the same speed
and Quake 2 Arena Test is crawling. After working on this problem for a bit
long i found out that these programs are working under software rendering
i.e. they are not taking any support from my new Monster Graphics card TNT2.

        After searching the net and chat rooms for some more time i found out that
3d cards are not supported by XFree86 Version 3.x and the soon coming
XFree86 Ver 4.x will be supporting it. (by that time my TNT2 will be
obselete he he he) then i tried to get into the CVS of XFree86 and found out
that Hardware GLX can be loaded with the current ver of XFree86 3.x which
will boos the performance of X rendering by 100%.

        Then i installed GLX and Mesa 3.1 and then zoooom .... Now my programs and
games are using Hardware rendering and are wayyy too fast..... even the
overall 2d performance has been increased.

        Here i was not writing the complete HOW-TO so if anybody need some help
contact me personally. I'll surely help you installing your GLX...

Anand Singh Bisen