Anand Raman forced the electrons to say:
> How do i find whehther a string has scrolled by after the query has exceuted ..
>Ofcourse the way out is to spool the file and then grep for the pattern in it

Usually, the mouse button on the scroll bar works. Middle button for scrolling
up. Or you can try Shift+PgUp.

> > Eg: Let us say you are listing the 2000 files in a directory and want to
> > look only at files that end in .html, do the following:
> >
> > $ ls -l | grep '.html'

And Thaths, I have a crib here -

A better way is ls -l *.html

This will not give me the correct o/p if I have a few non-html files with
user/group like somestringhtml in the current directory.

Of course I am cribbing just for the sake of cribbing. :-)

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-