    James> hi there, thanks for the replies, but I didnt get the
    James> required solution..  so I am elaborating the problem here.

    James> There are 2 m/cs with RHL6.1 with NE2000 compatible
    James> cards. Use RJ45 (no hubs n stuff) Both NICs are detected OK
    James> at boot. I just want to have the 2 m/cs (NICs) to talk with
    James> eachother so that I can practice more interesting n/w
    James> programming than with lo.

Hi James,
Whaddoya mean RJ45 ?? Can you elaborate here ??
Is it a crossover cable ?? If not then they might never ever talk to each
other ;-) They will be sulking with each other ;-)
You either need to get BNC connecters terminated properly or make a cross
over cable for yourself !!
In the past someone had posted on the list on how to create a make a
crossover cable for which you *might* want to check the archives ;-)
HTH
Regards
        Khader

--
Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq)                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.