Hi Everybody,

Today's day was the most hectic day of all. Fortunatly everything started on time.

The first session started with Atul's topic on what is IP Masquarading and how to
configure the stuff ? Why proxy server should be used instead of IP Masquarading
wherever possible ?.

This was followed by Gopi giving a nice explanation about Web-caching and the Squid
proxy server. How to configure it ? How to administer it ? This was followed by actual
connection to the net and use of Proxy server from Netscape to access some sites.

Then It was Atul's turn again to explain configuration of DHCP server. Configuration of
DHCP server under Linux. He explained the stuff perfectly. Then actually demostrated by
configuring the linux machine as DHCP server and connected to it from the Notebook.

*********** LUNCH TIME *******************

After lunch it was all Samba. Configuration of SAMBA was nicely explained by Nikil
Dutta, Avinash and Kishor. Though Nikhil goofed on some settings while configuring
SAMBA, finally it was up and running. Nikhil with pride told us that SAMBA is the most
stable software under linux and he has managed 3 SAMBA server for the last 6 months and
not even one died under Linux.

All this stuff delayed our lab. We got only around 1 hour for this. During which I
could
just configure SAMBA. Tomorrow if I get time I will try out the DHCP stuff.

Overall today we got lot of good and practical info on Linux.

Thats all folks.

Till tomorrow with last days proceedings.

Good bye.

--
Regards

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a
thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.