Raj Mathur proclaimed:
> Use ssh.  http://www.ssh.fi/

It is highly recommended that you use a pass phrase to protect your ssh
installation on the client side.  So, I don't know ssh entirely solves the
problem.

The only place where I'd want automated logins would be with a cron job.
In that cae I'd just write perl code using the Net::telnet module and
hard-code my password into the code.  I'd, of course, secure the file with
proper permissions.

Thaths
--
"See that ship over there?  They're broadcasting Major League Baseball
       with implied oral conesnt, not express written conesent."

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.