Hi Rohit,

This is how I installed StarOffice 5.1 from Chip CD on my Home PC.

As root :
$ RPM -ivh <staroffice rpm file>

It got installed in /opt/Office51

Then as per the documentation login as a normal user ( I logged in as rajesh ).
Then

cd /opt/Office51/bin
./setup

This will install StarOffice files in ~/Office51.

Now run ~/Office51/bin/soffice.

That's it. Nothing was mentioned about /net option etc. By default the RPM installs it
as /net I think.

****** Since I have not used StarOffice on Network. I am unable to comment on that.

By the way I am using it in KDE. Today I will try to run SO on WindowMaker and Gnome
and
then Let you know.

Hope this helps.

*********** Now is the time for yours errors please.

Rajesh

--
Regards

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a
thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.