Hi,

        We have a HP-5000 laser printer here. It has an ethernet port and
supports lpd style remote printing.
        The trouble is I am not able to print to this printer from my
desktop linux box. In my earlier company we had HP network printers and I
was coolly able to print to them by giving the queue name as "raw" or
"passthru".
        Whatever I do (setting printer by hand in /etc/printcap as I
have always done or using RH control panel or linuxconf whatever) my jobs
just stay queued up on my local spool directory, and never go out to the
printer.
        It just doesn't work with this printer. Anyone got any clues?

        Regards,
        Kedar.

PS - My network setup is fine. I can do ping/telnet/nslookup in and out of
this machine and to the printer from this machine.

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.