Hi,

> Is there any specific need of having multiple IP Addresses for a network
> interface? And for that matter, does linux support multiple IP addresses
> per interface?

        The need part is subjective, but we do "need" to have to multiple
IP addresses for a single network interface.
        About linux support. Yep it does. as a starter, try something like
this

ifconfig eth0:1 <new_ip_address>.

        to bind a new address to the ethernet card, you will also have to
play around with "route" command to make this extra ip address usable
(depending on whether the new address belongs to your subnet or another
subnet).
        For more info read /usr/doc/NET-3-4-HOWTO.

        Regards,
        Kedar.

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.