>         How to preserve the background images in enlightenment? Everytime
> when I start enlightenment the default background images are replacing the
> earlier ones. This is happening eventhough I copied the images needed in
> the background folder of .enlightenemnt and saved the changes in the
> Englightenment Configuration Editor.

Startup the control center for Gnome and choose the same image from
there.
Every time you startup X, the Gnome image paints the backdrop
Enlightenment
had set. If you have multiple desktops, you can go to the one next to
you
[crtl-alt-arrows] [involves Enlightenment repainting your desktop] and
come back on the same desktop to realise that NOW it shows the
enlightenment
image you had configured it for.

I have not given time to finding a workaround so far, but for this one.

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.