On 7/12/07, Vojtech Pavlik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:22:10PM -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> >> Hmm, they use KEY_0 through KEY_9 now.
> >
> >Which results in the phone sending 'é+ěščřžýáí' instead of
> >'0123456789'
> >on a Czech keyboard, which is definitely not what's intended. Similarly
> >for many other European keyboards.
> >

> Hmm, I uttely confused. Why when atkbd emits KEY_0 it you get 0 in the
> shell (don't you?) but different result with phone keypad?

No, on a Czech keyboard you don't. You press KEY_0, you get 'é'. The
French layout gives sililar results. (For '0' you need to press
KEY_SHIFT KEY_0.)

Oh, I completely forgot that there are keyboards that have numbers on
upper register. I think I used such keymap on Yamaha MSX2 in high
school... 20 years ago..?

But the keypad only works wif you have NumLock on right?

--
Dmitry