On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:54 -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 5:26 AM, Hans-Christian Egtvedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am just to start the PS/2 Linux driver for the AT32AP700x devices
> > (AVR32 SoC). And to get things right from the start on I wonder if it is
> > anything more magic than have a keyboard driver in
> > drivers/input/keyboard and mouse driver in drivers/input/mouse ?
> >
> > Are there special APIs or framework which is nice to use? I have glanced
> > through Documentation/input/ in the kernel, but could not find much
> > about how to make a PS/2 driver and hook it into a general PS/2 system
> > if that exists.
> >

> Please take a look at drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c.

I think I was a bit inaccurate in my last email, what I actually was
looking for after reading up on the input layer was to make a serio
driver.

Two "embedded" examples already in drivers/input/serio/ambakmi.c and
drivers/input/serio/sa1111ps2.c.

Got both mouse and keyboard probing working and input from the devices
almost working fine. For those interested, I will post the driver later.

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt, Applications Engineer