again it's me dealing with Apple Keyboards... I got the latest [1],
which unfortunately lacks an Insert key (yes, I could type 'i' instead
of hitting Intert inside vim, but I'd like to get my Ins key back... you
know...)

till today I used keyfuzz to remap KEY_F13 to the (missing since ever!)
KEY_SYSRQ, this way:
echo "0x00070068 99" | keyfuzz -s -d/dev/input/event1

today I spent hours on trying to understand how the above worked. what I
learned today is:
* usage code is split into PAGE and the CODE itself... so, I see my
usage code is 0x68 of page 7 (but I didn't find in the hid code
where/what are those pages)
* usage code is mapped thru the hid_keyboard[256] array at
drivers/hid/hid-input.c:44

so I believed now I know how to find more usage codes, but... surprise!
KEY_FN which is 0x1d0 (464) doesn't fit at all into that table
now here I don't really understand how things work (and this is not a
powerbook!).

do you think it is possible to remap that FN key to the more appropriate
(at least for its location*) INS key [with keyfuzz]?
can you give me the usage code?
please, more generally, teach me how to find those usages in such
situations.. I would really appreciate!

*: would otherwise be reasonable to fix this stuff in hid-input or
whatever, hard-replacing that key?
a FN key which does not act like a modifier** is totally useless for me,
while missing the INS key it is a big handicap.

**: on Macs, the FN key combined with the special keys should output one
of: 113 (Mute), 114 (VolumeDown), 115 (VolumeUp), 161 (EjectCD), 163
(NextSong), 164 (PlayPause), 165 (PreviousSong). [[this does not happen
on linux, or at least I can't hit those keycodes - tested in evtest-
using FN+F##... so my guess that FN doesn't act as a modifier]]
those keycode should came out of the second input devices (yes, the
apple USB keyboard is seen as two distinct event devices, one for
keyboard, one for special keys)

[1]
http://images.apple.com/euro/keyboard/scripts/gallery/wired_1_20070813.jpg
you can see Fn in place of Insert, and the special function keys F7~F12
(apparently not working)

--
#include <stdio.h>
main(){printf("%x",4275974592);}