Dmitry Torokhov ha scritto:
>> (but I didn't find in the hid code
>> where/what are those pages)
>>

> http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_12.pdf

thanks! this will be really useful to me.

just one thing: I can't find (under Keyboard/Keypad page or elsewhere)
the code for FN key.
I search thru the whole document... perhaps it's hidden under some weird
name?

I also scanned the reserved range with:

for i in `seq 232 65535`
do
    code=0x0007`printf %04x $i`
    echo "$code 30" | keyfuzz -s -d/dev/input/event1 2>/dev/null && echo
$code
done

but found that only 0x000700e8-0x000700ff are accepted by EVIOCGKEYCODE

looking at the kernel src I don't figure out in which step whichever
usage code gets translated to KEY_FN (perhaps never? does KEY_FN arrive
directly into usage->code?)

sorry for asking so much newbie questions.... I feel a bit stupid.

if you remember I asked long time ago a simple way to dump *usage*
codes, like the evtest program does for *keycdes*.
this way would be much easier!
I'm looking at the changes 2.6.22->2.6.23 and I guess hid still does not
report usages in any way...If I recall, Jiri Cosina sent such patch time
ago....isn't it?

>> *: would otherwise be reasonable to fix this stuff in hid-input or
>> whatever, hard-replacing that key?
>>

> No. It is only your preference to have FN map to INS.

btw, that was my first question.
this keyboard has enough function keys (19) to not require any
additional combination of FN+FnKey)

I'd prefer having INS instead of FN under that physical key.

--
#include <stdio.h>
main(){printf("%x",4275974592);}