On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Jiri Kosina wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Taneli Vähäkangas wrote:

I tried the same on a Creative Prodikeys keyboard, but can't see any
events for some keys (most notably none of the "piano" keys work). Is
there anything that can be done to make it work?

Hi Taneli,

yes. Could you please grab reasonably recent kernel (2.6.24-rc<anything>
would be ok), compile it with CONFIG_HID_DEBUG, modprobe the 'hid' module
with 'debug=1' parameter, and send me the output from the time you connect
the keyboard and from pressing the non-working keys? It should be trivial
to fix then.

Hi! I managed to get the event codes with evtest. Here's the output, followed by mappings to what the buttons really are. The ones that are mapped below 255 are working on X:

Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0x46d product 0xc317 version 0x110
Input device name: "Logitech USB Multimedia Keyboard"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (Reset)
    Event code 0 (Reset)
    Event code 1 (Key)
    Event code 4 (?)
  Event type 1 (Key)
    Event code 113 (Mute)
    Event code 114 (VolumeDown)
    Event code 115 (VolumeUp)
    Event code 140 (Calc)
    Event code 142 (Sleep)
    Event code 155 (Mail)
    Event code 163 (NextSong)
    Event code 164 (PlayPause)
    Event code 165 (PreviousSong)
    Event code 166 (StopCD)
    Event code 171 (Config)
    Event code 172 (HomePage)
    Event code 256 (Btn0)
    Event code 257 (Btn1)
    Event code 258 (Btn2)
    Event code 259 (Btn3)
    Event code 260 (Btn4)
    Event code 261 (Btn5)
    Event code 262 (Btn6)
    Event code 263 (Btn7)
    Event code 264 (Btn8)
    Event code 266 (?)
    Event code 267 (?)
    Event code 268 (?)
    Event code 269 (?)
    Event code 270 (?)
    Event code 271 (?)
    Event code 272 (LeftBtn)
    Event code 273 (RightBtn)

Mappings:

256 (Btn0)      "Word"
257 (Btn1)      "Spreadsheet"
258 (Btn2)      "Calendar"
259 (Btn3)      "custom key a"
260 (Btn4)      "Photos"
261 (Btn5)      "custom key b"
262 (Btn6)      "custom key c"
263 (Btn7)      "Media center"
264 (Btn8)      "Messenger"
266 (?)         "local search"
267 (?)         "Vista Flip 3D" (go through windows, "alt-tab")
268 (?)         "Vista Gadget" (
269 (?)         "internet search"
270 (?)         "zoom -"
271 (?)         "zoom +"
272 (LeftBtn)   "eject"
273 (RightBtn)  "Function key, used for most of the above"

Hope this helps!

-