On Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:38:10 -0700 (PDT), Linus Torvalds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> The problem is that there is no way to keep track of them afterwards.
>
> So the process that gave X the bitmap dies. What now? Are we going to
> depend on X un-counting the resources?

X has to uncount the resources already, to free the memory in the X server
allocated on behalf of that client.  X has to get this right, to be a long
lived server (properly debugged X servers last many months without problems:
unfortunately, a fair number of DDX's are buggy).

                                        - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Technology and Corporate Development