On Wednesday 04 April 2007 9:18 pm, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> I don't think it's a MUA thing.  I think David is talking about the
> spaces after the ^\t that are used for indenting immediately under
> the "if".

Exactly.

        if (There was a young lady named Bright
                Whose speed was far faster than light) {
                She set out one day
                in a relative way
        }
        And returned on the previous night

obeys the only-ident-by-tabs rule, as does

        if (To control chain reactions, your odds
                        Improve if you've got cadmium rods) {
                In your fission reactor
                Their lack is a factor
        }
        In screams of "A meltdown! Ye gods!"

Now, the former makes it hard to tell what's condition vs consequent.
(Or whatever the correct technical term is in cases like these.)

- Dave