Same experince here....

Boxes ran perfectly fine with Windows (95/98/NT) but barfed with linux.
RAM replacement fixed it. Now whenever I see a signal 11 with gcc memory
is the first thing I go after.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, John Jasen wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Charles Turner, Ph.D. wrote:
> On this note, I recall a time that I 'appropriated' a workstation for
> linux.
>
> It was pulled out of the student labs, where it had worked for 3 months
> running NT 4.0, but the RH install kept on crashing out.
>
> I could even reinstall NT 4.0.
>
> *shrug*
>
> Eventually traced it down to memory, and had our hardware hacks replace
> it.
>
> Sometimes hardware problems can be subtle.

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://wm.themes.org/
                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]