On 09/26/2017 02:15 PM, Vivien Didelot wrote:
> DSA currently stores a phy_device pointer in each slave private
> structure. This requires to implement our own ethtool ksettings
> accessors and such.
>
> This patchset removes the private phy_device in favor of the one
> provided in the net_device structure, and thus allows us to use the
> generic phy_ethtool_* functions.

For this series:

Tested-by: Florian Fainelli <f.faine...@gmail.com>

On bcm_sf2 (7445 and 7278) along with the externally attached BCM53125
switch that needs the special MDIO read/write divert. We properly attach
to the right PHY devices in all cases.

Also tested unbind/bind, working correctly.

Thanks!

> Vivien Didelot (5):
>   net: dsa: return -ENODEV is there is no slave PHY
>   net: dsa: use slave device phydev
>   net: dsa: use phy_ethtool_get_link_ksettings
>   net: dsa: use phy_ethtool_set_link_ksettings
>   net: dsa: use phy_ethtool_nway_reset
>
>  net/dsa/dsa_priv.h |   1 -
>  net/dsa/slave.c    | 143

Florian