On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 01:14:26AM +0000, Dey, Megha wrote:

> Is there any existing implementation of async crypto algorithm that uses the
> above approach? The ones I could find are either sync, have an outer and
> inner algorithm or use cryptd.
>
> I tried removing the mcryptd layer and the outer algorithm and some plumbing
> to pass the correct structures, but see crashes.(obviously some errors in the
> plumbing)

OK, you can't just remove it because the inner algorithm requires
kernel_fpu_begin/kernel_fpu_end.  So we do need two layers but I
don't think we need cryptd or mcryptd.

The existing simd wrapper should work just fine on the inner
algorithm, provided that we add hash support to it.

> I am not sure if we remove mcryptd, how would we queue work, flush partially
> completed jobs or call completions (currently done by mcryptd) if we simply
> call the inner algorithm.

I don't think mcryptd is providing any real facility to the flushing
apart from a helper.  That same helper can live anywhere.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>