On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 06:35:10PM +0100, David Howells wrote:
> params->request indicates the attribute/attributes to be queried.  This can
> be one of:
>
>       fsinfo_attr_statfs              - statfs-style info
>       fsinfo_attr_fsinfo              - Information about fsinfo()
>       fsinfo_attr_ids                 - Filesystem IDs
>       fsinfo_attr_limits              - Filesystem limits
>       fsinfo_attr_supports            - What's supported in statx(), IOC flags
>       fsinfo_attr_capabilities        - Filesystem capabilities
>       fsinfo_attr_timestamp_info      - Inode timestamp info
>       fsinfo_attr_volume_id           - Volume ID (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_volume_uuid         - Volume UUID
>       fsinfo_attr_volume_name         - Volume name (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_cell_name           - Cell name (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_domain_name         - Domain name (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_realm_name          - Realm name (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_server_name         - Name of the Nth server (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_server_address      - Mth address of the Nth server
>       fsinfo_attr_parameter           - Nth mount parameter (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_source              - Nth mount source name (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_name_encoding       - Filename encoding (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_name_codepage       - Filename codepage (string)
>       fsinfo_attr_io_size             - I/O size hints

Umm...  What's so special about cell/volume/domain/realm?  And
what do we do when a random filesystem gets added - should its
parameters go into catch-all pile (attr_parameter), or should they
get classes of their own?

For Cthulhu sake, who's going to maintain that enum in face of
random out-of-tree filesystems, each wanting a class or two its own?
We'd tried that with device numbers; ask hpa how well has that
worked and how much did he love the whole experience...