On Fri, 1 Feb 2019, Jiri Olsa wrote:

> > I've just started fuzzing with the patch applied.  Often it takes a few
> > hours to trigger the bug.
>
> cool, thanks

I let it run overnight and no crash.

> > Added question about this bug.  It appeared that the crash was triggered
> > by the BTS driver over-writing kernel memory.  The data being written, was
> > this user controllable?  Meaning, is this a security issue being fixed, or
> > just a crashing issue?
>
> yea, I have an example that can trigger it immediately

I mean: the crash is happening because data structures are getting
over-written by the BTS driver.  Depending who and what is doing this,
this could be a security issue (i.e. if it was raw BTS data that was
partially userspace controlled values).  Though even if this were the case
it would probably be hard to exploit.

Vince