Hi,

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 03:41:01AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2019, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <ma...@linux-mips.org> wrote:
>
> >  Is there an MMIO completion barrier missing there somewhere by any chance
> > causing an IRQ that has been handled already to be redelivered because an
> > MMIO write meant to clear the IRQ at its origin at handler's completion
> > has not reached its destination before interrupts have been reenabled in
> > the issuing CPU?  Just a thought.
>
> I've finally got a chance to bisect the IRQ14 (nobody cared) regression
> on my yeeloong.  It took me to MIPS: Enforce strong ordering for MMIO
> accessors (commit 3d474dacae72ac0f28228b328cfa953b05484b7f).

This is interesting, thanks for the research, but I'm afraid it doesn't seem
to be the root cause.

While your patch seems to help also on Mini-PC (only briefly tested with
a dozen of reboots), there's still excessive amount of interrupts during
the boot - I'm getting something like 50000-70000, while with the old
IDE driver it's around 2500.

~ # cat /proc/irq/14/spurious
count 57805
unhandled 57799
last_unhandled 4294673092 ms
~ # cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  2:          0    XT-PIC   2  cascade
  3:        174    XT-PIC   3  ttyS0
  5:      14653    XT-PIC   5  timer
 11:          0    XT-PIC  11  ehci_hcd:usb1, ohci_hcd:usb2
 14:      57805    XT-PIC  14  pata_amd
 15:          0    XT-PIC  15  pata_amd
 18:          0      MIPS   2  cascade
 22:          0      MIPS   6  cascade
ERR:          0

Could you check your /proc/interrupts counters after the boot with
your change?

A.