On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 10:18:09AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> You have exactly two cases:
>
>  (a) the access_ok() would be right above the code and can't be missed
>
>  (b) not

   (c) what you really want is not quite access_ok().

Again, that "not quite access_ok()" should be right next to STAC, and
come from the same primitive - I'm not saying the current model is
anywhere near sane.  We need a range-checking primitive right next
to memory access; it's just that for KVM and vhost we might want
a different check and, for things like s390 and sparc (mips as well,
in some configs), potentially different part that would do the memory
access itself as well.