On Feb 21, 2021, at 11:30, Randy Dunlap <rdun...@infradead.org> wrote:
> Can we tell people (in this Doc file) where to look up the values that can be
> used in xstate.enable and xstate.disable?

Perhaps add something like this with the change below:
    “See comment before function fpu__init_parse_early_param() in
     arch/x86/kernel/fpu/init.c."

/*
 * The kernel parameter "xstate.enable='mask'" and "xstate.disable='mask'" have
 * mask value in a subset of XFEATURE_MASK_CONFIGURABLE.
 *
 * The longest parameter is 22 octal number characters with '0' prefix and an
extra
 * '\0' for termination.
 */
#define MAX_XSTATE_MASK_CHARS   24

/**
 * fpu__init_parse_early_param() - parse the xstate kernel parameters
 *
 * Parse them early because fpu__init_system() is executed before
 * parse_early_param().
 */
static void __init fpu__init_parse_early_param(void)

Thanks,
Chang