--On Tuesday, April 03, 2001 18:17:30 -0700 Fabio Riccardi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> Indeed, I'm using RT sigio/sigwait event scheduling, bare clone threads
> and zero-copy io.

Fabio, I'm working on a similar solution, although I'm experimenting with
SGI's KAIO patch to see what it can do. I've had to patch the kernel to
implement POSIX style signal dispatch symantics (so that the thread which
posted an I/O request doesn't have to be the one which catches the signal).
Are you taking a similar approach, or is the lack of this behavior the
reason you are using so many threads?

--Chris