On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Dave Hansen
<dave.han...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> I understand why you were misled by it, but the old "xsave_hdr_struct"
> was wrong.  Fenghua even posted patches to remove it before the FPU
> rework (you were cc'd):
>
>         https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/4/18/164

Oh, and that patch looks like a good idea.

I wish there was some way to make sure sizeof() fail on it so that
we'd enforce that nobody allocates that thing as-is. I had this dim
memory that an unsized array at the end would do that, but I was
clearly wrong. It's just the array itself you can't do sizeof on, not
the structure that contains it. Is there some magic trick that I'm
forgetting?

                      Linus