On 2015年07月16日 19:00, Mark Brown wrote:
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:05:44AM +0200, Paul Bolle wrote:

+static struct platform_driver snd_rk_mc_driver = {
+       .probe = snd_rk_mc_probe,
+       .remove = snd_rk_mc_remove,
+       .driver = {
+               .name = DRV_NAME,
+MODULE_ALIAS("platform:" DRV_NAME);
This seems only useful if there's a corresponding struct
platform_device. Ie, a platform_device with a "rockchip-snd-max98090"
.name, which will trigger a "MODALIAS=platform:rockchip-snd-max98090"
uevent when it's created. But I couldn't find where such a
platform_device is created.
Did I miss something? Or is there another way this alias is useful here?
You've got platform_device and platform_driver confused I think.
Mark, Thank you.