Hi Paul,
On 2015年07月16日 22:15, Paul Bolle wrote:

That's exactly how I understood MODULE_ALIAS() to work.

And it works, in short, because a platform device fires a
"MODALIAS=platform:[...]" uevent when it's created. And userspace uses
that uevent to load the module carrying that alias.

Let's put it this was. If one does
     sudo find /sys -perm -o=r -name uevent -exec grep -H MODALIAS=platform: {}
\;

or
     sudo find /sys -perm -o=r -name modalias -exec grep -H platform: {} \;

(both lists should be similar)

on the systems this patch is targeting, will
    platform:rockchip-snd-max98090

then show up?

Thanks,

Paul Bolle

Thank you for your patience and detailed explanation.
I tested your two ways and didn't find the "platform:rockchip-snd-max98090" in my device(kernel v3.14), and the driver path is:
localhost rockchip-snd-max98090 # pwd
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/rockchip-snd-max98090

Thanks.