On Mon, Jul 20 2015, Guenter Roeck <li...@roeck-us.net> wrote:

> So either case ~0l appears to be wrong; it should be ~0ul.

Yes, right-shifting -1 of any type is probably always wrong, as it will
always give -1 again. Probably one should add a smatch/sparse warning
for that.

> I don't know if ~0ull makes a difference for some architectures.

I highly doubt it. The result is truncated to unsigned long
anyway. Assuming align_order always has a value between 0 and
BITS_PER_LONG, GENMASK should be exactly what is wanted.

Rasmus