On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 8:44 PM Geert Uytterhoeven <ge...@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:13 PM Linus Walleij <linus.wall...@linaro.org>
> wrote:

> > I mean that whole thing should go away by abstracting those LEDs
> > (for the systems that have them) using the struct led_classdev,
> > populating a proper platform device for it and instantiate using
> > a driver in drivers/leds/*, and the function to provide the heartbeat
> > be replaced with the existing heartbeat trigger in
> > drivers/leds/trigger/ledtrig-heartbeat.c assigned as default
> > trigger for that LED.
> >
> > I think that is WAY out of the focus for your current work (which,
> > by the way, is a piece of art) but more something for the m68k
> > maintainers to look into.
>
> Just going with struct led_classdev is probably doable.

Would be nice.

> Going for the full monty, using leds-gpio, probably requires moving m68k
> to DT.  Which would not be that ... uninteresting ;-)

If the line with the LED is not general purpose but an actual register
bit for the LED it should not be using legs-gpio anyway.

But something similar to Russells neat drivers/gpio/gpio-reg.c
but for LED classdevs in drivers/leds/leds-reg.c would be
a really tempting option I think.

Yours,
Linus Walleij