On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mche...@infradead.org> wrote:
>> Yeah, printing "NULL" is bad and I can obviously fix that.  The real
>> reason for the addition of the "UNDEFINED" entry is I use that to
>> detect if there are *any* analog inputs defined, which dictates
>> whether the analog subsystem is initialized.  Because the .input
>> section is a member of the au0828_dev struct, and not a pointer, I
>> needed some way to tell if it was populated with anything.
>
> if you attribute it to -1, the userspace calls will never set it to undefined.
> You should take some care to avoid reading outside some array though.

The problem is that I check for UNDEFINED so that the .input section
of the au0828 board definition can be left uninitialized.  Otherwise,
I would have to add something like "num_inputs" to the board
definition and worry about the value matching the actual number of
inputs defined.

>> I looked at the list and all of these issues are easy to fix, and I
>> will do that tonight.
>
> Ok.
>
>> Please let me know if you have any other concerns (and what you want
>> me to do regarding the VBI stuff), since I would like to avoid having
>> do redo the tree again.
>
> No, just the above. Please, instead of redo the tree, just add some patches
> fixing those issues. This allows me to review faster your series.

Do you mean the checkpatch fixes should be done as a separate patch
too?  I assumed you wanted me to fix the original patch to pass make
checkpatch.  Is there a way to do the equivalent of "make checkpatch"
against particular hg revisions or source files?  I'm just trying to
understand the best way to ensure that all of the issues actually get
fixed.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller