Devin,

I have an HVR-950q.

Analog support is working much better for me. I love the faster tuning. Still no luck getting analog to work in MythTV.

I am seeing some major regressions on the the digital side. mplayer can't tune any digital channels and seems to be failing because it can't access the tuner. In MythTV it does tune my QAM64 channel that previously would only tune with Frank's QAM64 patch. The other QAM256 channels either won't lock at all or if they do have bad pixelation and audio drops. In mythtv-setup I can't do a channel scan because it says it can't open the card which seems similar to the problem mplayer had. I had previously been using 11658 with the QAM64 patch.

The 950q is definitely cooler to the touch. Not a big deal but I did notice that the tune light that would light orange when tuned to a channel no longer lights up.

Let me know if there is anything you would like me to try.

Thanks,
Britney