Hi, Guennadi Liakhovetski,

Thanks for your effort to migrate the sensor drivers to sub device framework.

We have interest in mt9t031 and other sensor drivers from Micron since this
peripheral is used in our DM355/DM6446 EVMs as well. I have submitted a set of
patches for our vpfe_capture driver to the media mailing list for review. This
driver runs on DM355/DM6446 EVMs and is developed to use the sub device model
to integrate with capture peripheral like TVP5146, MT9T001, MT9T031 etc. If you
have a version of mt9t031 driver migrated to sub device, I would like to
integrate that with our vpfe_capture driver.

I want to check following with you so as to be on the same page.

1) I see that the mt9t001.c still uses struct soc_camera_device and calls
soc_camera_video_start() to start the master. This introduces a reverse
dependency from the sub device to bridge driver (correct me if I my
understanding is wrong). I guess you plan to remove this dependency in your
future patch. With this in the driver, it can't work with our driver since we
don't have soc_camera_device.

2) vpfe_capture driver support raw bayer interface as well as raw yuv
interface. Raw bayer interface can be 8-16 bits wide along with HD/VD/field
lines. So in order for the bridge driver to configure the interface, it needs
to know parameters like interface type (BT.656, BT.1120, Raw image data (8-16)
etc), polarity of HD, VD, PCLK, field signals etc. Is there a infrastructure
for handling this ? I mean, we should have a way of defining this per platform,
which some how can be read by bridge driver to configure the interface to work
with a specific sub device.

Regards,

Murali Karicheri